ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends....

So at time when you inwardly feel your life is in shambles in so many ways, unbeknownst to the outside world, your friends manage to pull you through without even knowing they've done anything at all but just simply be your friend. Sometimes that's all that really matters. Whether it be on Plurk, Ravelry, or in person, friends are simply amazing that way.
This past weekend started with a much-needed fiber day out at Zarzuela's for a February Fibery Goodness Gathering last Saturday. That's me tucked in the back left corner behind my little red-wheeled Ladybug. Oh, the food nom noms were tasty too! I didn't think to snap a photo, unlike me. That's why there's a nice linky to her site there.
We did manage to raid the fiber basement. It was a feeding frenzy short of sharks on bait fish. I swear I am a "fiber-magpie". I purchased two rovings, of which I had my eye on this one below. It's 6oz of merino in "Mauve Mayhem".

The second was something I'm just meaning to try to improve my spinning skill set. I've never spun from a batt before so I picked up this Corriedale batt in "Sherbert".


This is half of the first single all spun up. I need to spin up the other half and then I plan to 2-ply the yarn. I'm not sure what it wants to be, but I'm sure it will tell me when it's finished. BTW, her shop was mentioned on Lime and Violet's Episode #80! Congratulations Jessica!
Then onto an outing with my SnB group to Woolbearers and then brunch at the Robin's Nest in Mount Holly. I grabbed an undyed skein of Zitron Trekking to have a little hand-painting experiment with some Wilton's gel food colorings. I will present the results in the next post. The yarn be dryin' so I'll show you when it's all pretty and skeined up. I must say it went well, much to my own surprise. (That's me in front of the stained glass window).

I did promise to show you some more stash enhancements that occurred since the January post and it was all fiber. I'm on a major spinning kick and this one lured me in with its Falkland goodness. This is Spindlefrog Falkland roving in colorway, "Venice".
I needed to organize my circular needle mess so I picked this up off of an etsy shop. What a relief to have them contained in one tidy spot.

Lastly, FreckleFaceFibers updated her site and I went weak. This is merino roving in "Peony"...

...and BFL roving in "Jacaranda. I am also one of the moderators for the newly formed Ravelry group.

So I promise to show you my yarn dyeing experiment in the next post. All the weekend, I got worse with this sinus thing I've had lingering since last week. I've taken two days off from work now without much of a voice. The yarn experiment was a crazy fun cheer-up. TTFN.

5 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Iseaulte of the Clews said...

You have no idea how much you help me to get thru! Thanks for being my homie!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Right back at ya. I think my head would have exploded if I hadn't spent the day with you all. Knit friends are da bomb!

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you're having some fun along the way!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

Glad you're doing better and having fun =)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Machelle said...

I really like all the goodies you purchased. Happy knitting. I personally deemed today as leave a comment on every blog I visit. Have a good weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home