ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Oh Halp! I Haz An Addiction

No seriously, I have a problem. I might need an intervention. See below.
This is sock yarn I have managed to amass in 3 months and at least 3 are not included in this photo. This does not include the stuff I bought earlier in my knitting foray. This is just since Rhinebeck. Sheesh. I guess there are worse things I could be addicted to in life.
Guess you might like to know what the goods are, huh? Ok starting at the back, the brown socks are my Dad's Flying Trapeze socks in Lamb's Pride Superwash Worsted and the half finished sock is my Leyburns in Socks that Rock "Lettuce Knit". Front row left to right, Sheldridge Farm acquired in a trade, Socks that Rock "Puck's Mischief", tucked in btwn is Malabrigo sock in "Eggplant", Sophie's Toes in "Christmas Lights", Socks that Rock Mill End "Lover's Leap", Malabrigo sock in "Solis"(love that blue), Socks that Rock "Lenore", and the last skein of Shelridge Farm Supersock at the right. Not pictured: Wollmiese "Baba Jaga" , Zarzuela's Fibers Silky Sock Yarn in "DC Sunrise, and Knitivity Sock Yarn in "Rodentia".
This sock is partly to blame for the current sock fetish. Meet my Easter Egg Leyburns. This is quite possibly the most addictive pattern. I adore this sock. It's done in Socks that Rock lightweight in "Lettuce Knit", a mill end I snatched up at Rhinebeck.



I have also been spinning like crazy also. I briefly mentioned that I bought local Border Leicester fiber on Thanksgiving weekend. Well I did, in fact, spin and ply two of the balls. I was able to get a light fingering weight, 2-ply yarn out of just two of the balls. I still have more to go, plus the cream color. I think I would like to do a sheep to sweater-type of project and spin all the yarn. I was thinking of a cream and chocolate fair isle.
I also started spinning Zarzuela's Fibers "Stormy Dawn" in merino wool. I am going to finish spinning half of the braid and then trying to Navajo ply on the wheel. We are doing this as a KAL on the Ravelry page and then knitting it into a hat.

What else am I doing? Well, for one, I am traveling like mad right now. I went to Boston last week and then San Francisco and Iowa for this week. I come home Sunday and jump feet first into the next work week. Should be fun, no? Ok my jet lagged eyes are heavy. See you all later.

9 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Lovely yarn (both handspun and commercial). Sorry about the traveling.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured you were probably traveling alot as we hadn't heard from you as much lately. Ugh! Great yarn, and I love that sock.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovelovelove those Easter Egg Leyburns!! As for intervention, sorry, I only feed addictions! Can't wait to try out my sock yarn experiment that is currently in the making at the mill.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning is looking GORGEOUS!!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

you obviously still have an addiction as you have not fully disclosed all fiber. I think any other yarns and spinning fiber should be disclosed and placed in the photo as well.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I hope in all your traveling you have time for a pit stop for some souvenir yarn. Sock yarn makes excellent souvenir yarn BTW. I love seeing another knitter become addicted to sock yarn. It's a wonderful thing! Your spinning is kicking some serious butt!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Oh honey, that's nothing. Trust me. ;) You are doing lovely work!! The socks are great! If my sock mojo ever comes back, I may try them.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

Love the socks and your spun yarn is purty! And the stash : *drool*

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Bea said...

I've given you a blog award. Go check it out on my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home