ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Thank You For Flying Wicked Witch Airlines

Wicked Witch Airlines Safety Speech
by HolyKnitballs!

Photo courtesy of Warner Brothers

Thank you for flying Wicked Witch Airlines. Our cruising altitude today will be 10,000 feet. Prior to take off please ensure that your cat is securely strapped in to the rear of your broom.

Should you lose altitude, please ensure you don't fall off before your cat. Remember, they ALWAYS land on their feet and you do not.

Your broom is equipped with low level lighting should you not be able to find your way in any dense Boston fog. This flight will also be guided by winged-monkey air marshalls should we experience any turbulence.

We offer several lunch boxes on today's flight. Choose from Dragon's Blood Pudding with a Cat's Claw Beurre Blanc, Toadstool Tartar, or Cream Of Rose Hip Soup. Please use caution when eating, as exposure to steam may cause spontaneous melting.

Please use caution when writing any smoke messages in the sky to your arch nemesis from Kansas with the blasted gaudy ruby slippers from your crazy sister....um ah, please sit back and enjoy the wind in your hair.

Thank you for flying with Wicked Witch Airlines.
© 2008 Holy Knitballs! All Rights Reserved
So how do you like my funny? It all started today over a discussion on Plurk with my dear friend regarding high winds in Boston and broom-riding. It turned into me being silly and pulling this out of my hat. BTW, I love the Wicked Witch of the West. Margaret Hamilton rocks and always will! Judy Garland is my thesbian idol. I even paid my respects to Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, and Jack Haley's graves in Hollywood. Ray Bolger was a favorite musical actor of mine along with Judy. I am a BIG FAN of this movie so I just HAD to share! There are a ton of memories of me sitting on my grandpop's lap tied to this. To this day, he calls me to let me know it's on TV so I can watch it too. Very sentimental for me.
Happy 70th Anniversary
Wizard of Oz!
1939-2009
My most beloved childhood movie.

4 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

That was great! I loved it. I've always loved the movie and introduced my young ones to it the last time it aired on TV.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Robin said...

You've definitely got talent!!! Now how can you use this for evil? (Tee hee...)

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jen C said...

Love!! You should check out woolgirl.com she is doing Wizard of Oz themed sock kits this next year, glenda is up next!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

You crack me up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home